Neuro-Oncology Advances: Brain Metastases Supplement
The period to claim CME credits for this activity has expired.
This activity was supported by an educational grant from Novocure, Inc. and Seagen, Inc.
To access the articles in the supplement at no charge, please visit the Oxford University Publishing website here: https://academic.oup.com/noa/issue/3/Supplement_5.
The educational design of this activity addresses the needs of Neuro-Oncologists, Medical Oncologists, Neurosurgeons, Radiation Oncologists, Radiologists, Physicians/Scientists, Clinical and Laboratory Trainees with an interest.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Explain advances in neurosurgical interventions used in patients with metastatic brain tumors.
- Identify indications for laser interstitial thermal therapy in treating metastases to the brain.
- Describe advances in radiation therapy for the treatment of intracranial metastases.
- Summarize current targeted therapy options for brain and leptomeningeal metastases.
- Discuss the role for immunotherapy in managing patients with intracranial metastases.
- Outline potential therapy induced neurological morbidities.
- Recognize approaches used to preserve patient neuro-cognitive function.
- Describe treatment challenges associated with the tumor microenvironment.
- Explain the impact of the blood-tumor barrier on the intracranial penetrance of systemic therapies.
- Discuss animals models of brain metastasis used to evaluate novel therapies.